Thank you, November. As ever, it’s all about the little things.
- Rainy Sunday mornings – the kind where you also happen to have the next day off from work. What blues?
- Turning 30.
- Starlite Pharmacy’s Shrimp Cobb Salads. ‘Grass’ for your money! Gimme!
- Speaking of work: Traffic-free days. Just about as rare as unicorns.
- His ‘good morning’ texts. Every. Single. Morning. Consistency is a beautiful thing.
- Birthday surprises.
- Finally booking a vacation, for the first time in years *throws confetti everywhere*
- Finding the perfect nail polish colour that just effortlessly works for both work and play. Want in? Check out Sinful Colors in Vacation Time. I’d been looking for a subtly chic work-friendly shade for months, since the old faithful Essie Ladylike is on its last leg.
- Bringing ideas to life and reaping the benefits of my work. Even when every bone in my body’s just screaming for rest. I’m not a proponent of burning yourself out at all, but that feeling of accomplishment and relief is so good. I would bottle it up and sell it if I could.
- Taking deep, deliberate breaths.
- Seven hours of sleep. Such luxuries should be cherished.
- A gym session after a long day spent in an office chair. Exercise is one of the cheapest forms of (physical, emotional, mental) therapy.
- Back to the subject of consistency: maintaining small healthy routines each day and seeing the results of it. Priceless.
- Waking up, grabbing the phone, only to realise you’ve got two hours left to sleep in. I’ve been having lots of those lately. BUH-LISSSSSSS.
- Being hydrated. No, seriously. Take it from the woman who
lovesruns on coffee.
- Babies’ smiles in line at the grocery store. I live. I die. I swoon.
- Long chats with the Uber driver. But there’s more. When at the end of the ride, they say “Well I’m glad I got to meet someone as friendly as you today.” Wait, you don’t talk to your Uber driver?
What moments from the past month made you smile? Share at least one with me below!